Pages

April 24, 2014

New Spring Fabrics and 10th Hair of the Dog

My fabrics arrived (finally!!!!) and I am pleased with the color and image quality. Of course, some fabrics are better for particular images over others and I am learning the difference before ordering. I love how my art reproduced on the cotton-linen and silky faille.

Last week I stayed up too late and figured out how to make a repeat pattern, which is of the pencil drawing  I sketched last spring at an open house at the Essex Art Center in Lawrence, Mass. It makes a great repeat! I will make a pencil case but perhaps that is too expected. Let me think on it.

I've been working on a variety of "Trail Pixie Studios" labels for my sewn creations and have a few irons in the fire—here is one flavor:

 I just couldn't wait! 
Below is a tea towel &/or wall art hanging I completed and listed in the Etsy shop. Look what a little packaging can do ... how fancy pants.
"Home"
cotton-linen, 11 x 17 in.

From 6-9 pm on May 2, 2014 I will be at the
(Essex Art Center, 56 Island Street, Lawrence, Mass.)
A percentage of all sales is donated to the MSPCA.
Get your tickets as they are limited.

No comments: