Pages

May 05, 2014

Thoughts on Hair of the Dog

 Utilizing the wall space for display of scarves and tea towels

Last Friday at 5:15 pm I set up (in a bit of a frenzy, as usual) for the 6 pm opening of the 10th Hair of the Dog Wine Tasting & Art Exhibit. I tend to under estimate the traffic time and this year was no different! 

My spot by the window was especially beautiful during the early evening. At night it was a bit dark but an extra lamp helped brighten the corner. The event was split between two floors of the building and I was upstairs in the formal Essex Art Center galleries among other artisans and great friends.

I managed to sell a fair amount, too, and raise some money for the MSPCA/Nevins Farm. I adopted my cat, the Wookiee, from Nevins Farm and feel deep gratitude to the organization.

The Wookiee inspecting some of my hand printed linen.

1 comment:

Kristen Donegan said...

Looks awesome Emily!
art fairs are always a mixed bag-
between time and space/presentation
hope you had a good turn out!