Pages

December 14, 2012

Wearing a Work of Art: Sharon Arts Fine Craft Gallery

Last week I delivered 50 of my infinity scarves to the Sharon Arts Fine Craft Gallery in Peterborough, New Hampshire. I am thrilled to be part of this exceptional shop and community of artisans and craftspeople.

In choosing material for my scarves, I consider its hand, color, texture, and pattern. Textiles are like paint swatches; their combinations create new colorful impressions. Sometimes a fabric needs autonomy while another is emphasized or complemented by the company of others. 

When I design a collection, I select fabric that stands on its own and inspires a body of related pieces. Most scarves from a series like this are one-of-a-kind inventions. For some —a scarf is a scarf is a scarf. Still, I believe that each one is a portable composition to be worn and displayed in a variety of ways. The bearer becomes a participant in the composition, as well.

 How is it worn and with what other colors and textures? 

The owner improvises to create a personalized aesthetic.

When Ramona, of the Sharon Arts Center School, wore one of my infinity scarves to a meeting at the Sharon Arts Center in Peterborough, she modeled it so beautifully that others inquired, like Gillie, SAC Craft Gallery Coordinator. This began my representation at the Sharon Arts Fine Craft Gallery!  Thank you, Ramona, Gillie, and all others who enjoy wearing... a work of art!

 This fuscia in ferz cowl is popular!

No comments: