Pages

September 23, 2009

Laser Trainer

I admit, this post title is a bait and switch (pun intended). No, it's not about new running gear but about new pet gear. The little laser cat toy, ah-hem, "cat training device," drives my cat, the Wookiee, crazy.

As an indoor cat, it's important that he supplement his rigorous sleeping schedule with regular exercise. In addition to his avid bird-feeder watching and pouncing, his daily mouse-fetching and retrieval, and his laps around the apartment during imaginary hunting expeditions, this little laser adds variety to his work out.

  
If above does not tease you, try this: Laser Trainer.

Check out Breakheart Dan's recent post Have Pets Replaced Children? take a look. Now, if I could just train my cat to trail run with me.....

2 comments:

Dan said...

OMG, that's a riot!

NYgirl@heart said...

Hilarious. I have a fat cat that used to love his laser pointer, but now I have to practically BEG him to play with it. He runs around for about 10 seconds, then stops. About a minute later, he'll try again. He's on a diet. Hopefully he'll lose the 6 pounds (yikes!) he needs to lose soon enough so he'll get his energy back.
PS Loved your post about the "lollipop" trail. Mud to your thighs? Ha! I can only imagine how much fun that was! Brings me back to my soccer days...