Pages

March 08, 2014

DC No.130: Hair


 Emily Trespas, "Swatches," Digital Photograph, 2014

I am fortunate to enjoy a variety of student hair styles, colors and textures when teaching my art classes. Hair is part of our identity—our phenotype. These swatches are a sampling of my printmaking and painting classes, plus a little (chromatic) grey for variety.

Ms. Nadine at Tiny Woolf prompted this week's drawing challenge with the theme of HAIR. Please visit her site to explore many other creative interpretations.

12 comments:

joanne said...

I love these little microscope cut outs of hair! I especially love the greying kind!

Leena said...

Hi Emily! I love your hair dots, what a creative way to interprety the theme, thank you:) Leena

Tammie Lee said...

fun to see these glimpses.

Carole Reid said...

Hello Emily,
Hair, with or without, does say a lot about us. Interesting to think about, especially when considering how many natural and dyed colours there are.

Kristen Donegan said...

I've always envied hair that can be twisted and braided and made into fun designs...mine seems to want to stay short- these little snippets really give you the sense of texture and I really like that.
(Would make a great layout in a magazine or book!)

Jordan said...

That's a great graphic.

Jordan said...

Also, your Etsy shop looks so great.

nadine paduart said...

this image tickles my imagnation, i LOVE the colour tones. this would look so good, and so new, on wrapping paper, do you think? it'd be different!
thxs for playing, emily!
n♥

Stefanie Seltner said...

very cool idea!
yes, hair is an expression, I love your hair dots.
x Stefanie

Patrice A. said...

;^))
such a fine interpretation

Veronica Roth said...

That's lovely. I'm glad to see a world where everyone doesn't want the Ombre Loreal #24 option...lol. It's what I'm seeing most around town these days. Well done. :)

Unknown said...

Hello Emily, these circles and glimses brings the essence out and is very intriguing!
barbara bee